Vigeo’s 2010 “Chemical Sector Rating” comprises the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities of 21 companies from 8 countries. The SIN List has been used within one criterion; Product Safety (policies for nanotechnology risk management, traceability systems and risk management of GMOs, and REACH).Further issues included in the rating are:
- Information provided to Customers
- Pollution Prevention and Control
- Reduction of Energy use and Energy related Emissions
- Waste management
- Responsible Management of Restructurings
- The improvement of Health and Safety conditions
Vigeo has analysed companies’ prevention of product safety risks as well as their management of product safety incidents. The rating includes how companies’ product safety risks are assessed and how substitutes are developed for hazardous products. In addition, transparent communication on risks associated with the products and the provision of assistance for customers to correctly use these products are of critical importance for the sector and part of the analysis.